Private Equity Deal Origination and Execution
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Private Equity Deal Origination and Execution|
|Job Location:||Chicago, IL|
|Base Compensation:||$90,000 — $130,000|
|Total Compensation:||$120,000 — $180,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Finance; Investment Banking; Specialty Lending|
|Industries:||Banking; Financial Services; Investments|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a private equity firm that specializes in partnering with company senior management and other parties in leveraged buyouts and leveraged recapitalization transactions
The “sweet spot” acquisition target is investing $2-10 million in businesses generating $1.5-5 million of EBITDA. Since its formation in 2005, the firm has established a clear track record of being able to close transactions to which it commits funding. The firm has acquired nine companies, the majority of which are manufacturers.
The firm pursues a hold and build strategy of business ownership. Its primary objective is to generate capital appreciation for the investors. During the initial stage of an investment, one of the principal goals is to align investors’ and management’s interests by providing meaningful equity for the management team in the transaction.
Originate and prescreen acquisition investment opportunities, structure the deals, coordinate and execute due diligence, negotiate and close new acquisitions. Generate deal flow by calling extensively on private equity firms, investment banks, M&A advisory firms, family offices, hedge funds, consulting firms, and other corporate finance and M&A referral and deal sources.
- Demonstrated and successful track record of originating, structuring, executing and closing transactions in middle market private equity, leveraged finance, junior capital, investment banking and/or other similar M&A transactional finance entities.
- Established relationships and contacts in the middle market M&A, investment banking, private equity sponsor, leveraged finance, senior and junior capital community.
- Established deal closing history.
- Strong and proven credit and transaction prescreening skills.
- Experience in acquisition finance and leveraged transactions.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate finance concepts such as valuing companies using market multiple methodology, risk/return dynamics, and capital structure alternatives.
- Very strong, “hands on”, analytical and detailed financial modeling acumen and skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Articulate, concise and engaging.
- Can project well in front of a group.
- Willingness to consistently handle moderate to heavy travel.
- Personal and professional history of success.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within competing time frames.
- Pursues responsibilities with energy and drive.
- Engaging personality.
- Professional reputation and carries oneself with a high degree of responsible professionalism, decorum and class.
Total Years of Experience: