Chief Financial Officer
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Job Location:||NYC, NY|
|Base Compensation:||$250,000 — $300,000|
|Total Compensation:||$450,000 — $500,000+|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Yes|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Accounting; Finance|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Chance to partner with CEO on tactical and strategic growth; big emphasis on front end to upgrade processes and infrastructure to support growth curve
Financial services company has organic double-digit growth hurdles (assets, income, profitability) across multiple business segments over the next 24 months, before evaluating inorganic opportunities to support new capabilities (product/services, footprint) and increased growth tied to a 10-year strategic plan. Company has invested tremendous capital in building a more scalable and sophisticated infrastructure to support responsible and balanced market expansion.
Center stage strategic CFO role within a B2B and B2C financial services company with global capabilities and billons of dollars in assets. Report to the CEO and communicate across the total business (multiple business segments) and at the Board level. Key contributor on strategy; drive process improvements; ensure compliance and financial data; and lead a team of 20+ in accounting and finance. An overview of role and involvement is as follows:
· Business Partnering: Be the financial resource AND business advisor to C-suite (“sounding board”) on strategic and tactical decision making (e.g. actionable business intelligence, capital efficiency, cost optimization, productivity metrics, product/service pricing, and more); make presentations to Board level; and communicate directly with 3rd party audiences (e.g. auditors). Need someone that is comfortable challenging the assumptions of the business (“so what”) and understands P/L levers.
· Financial Planning & Forecasting: Prepare strategic plan, annual budget, and rolling forward forecast.
· Financial Analytics & Metrics: Measure margin performance by business segment, product, vertical, customer type and key customer; slice and dice data to understand impact on products, key customers, and channels; validate variances and trends; contribute on new business opportunities, cost reduction efforts, ROI, etc.
· Financial Reporting & Accounting: Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all accounting – including regulatory and compliance requirements.
· Taxes & Treasury: Lead team on tax data gathering and core compliance; be responsible for all asset liability, transfer pricing, cash management and risk administration.
· Change Management: Create a performance-based culture and serve as the brain and technician on automation, process improvement across the budgeting, planning, analysis, and accounting activities. Need someone that has a strong technology/systems acumen.
CPA and/or MBA needed. Seeking ideally 15-20 years of business experience; either groomed at public accounting or consulting firm. Need 7+ years (most recent experience) within a large financial services organization that has multiple B2B and B2C business segments (e.g., credit cards, banking, lending, asset management, etc.). Key is experience with best practices (e.g. Six Sigma, kaizen events, MTM) to drive process improvement and build strong infrastructure (e.g. systems, metrics, reporting) to support sustained growth
Total Years of Experience: