Managing Director - Turnaround Consulting/Operations Improvement
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Managing Director - Turnaround Consulting/Operations Improvement|
|Job Location:||Chicago, IL|
|Base Compensation:||$100,000 — $200,000|
|Total Compensation:||$150,000 — $400,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This management and financial consulting firm, which provides financial advisory and operational excellence services, was established 45 years ago and has a solid reputation - formally recognized as one of the industry segment leaders in two leading trade publications last year.
Financial advisory engagements include turnarounds, workouts, crisis management, financial restructuring, interim management, distressed M&A and bankruptcy advisory.
Operational excellence services include process improvement, sales & marketing consulting, technology systems assistance and transaction/acquisition integration advisory services.
Having successfully restructured hundreds of companies throughout the U.S., Latin America and Asia, the firm has grown to provide a broad array of services for both distressed and healthy companies in the areas of financial/bankruptcy restructuring, forensic/investigative services, litigation advisory, operational restructuring, manufacturing efficiency, merger & acquisition integration, technology services, sales force effectiveness, and customer centric processes.
The client base includes publicly held companies, private corporations, and family-owned businesses – many of them in the middle market (annual revenues up to $1 billion) - with a variety of capital structures and a range of debt structures. The companies are worldwide in a full spectrum of industries – from the technology and service sectors to “old economy” manufacturing and distribution.
The Managing Director / Director position involves a mix of new business development and client engagement work. This is an opportunity to expand the Midwest region from an established foundation.
New Business Origination/Marketing
- Proactively call on key relationships and referral sources to originate new business opportunities.
- Assist and orchestrate the early stage engagement strategy and consulting plan for prospective new clients.
- Deliver the above to the client and outside constituents in selected situations.
- Attend, participate, join committees and present at various industry functions and within industry organizations (TMA, ACG, CFA, ABI, etc.) to promote the firm to develop image/brand awareness.
- Engagement Strategy – Develop, plan, assist in execution, including key meetings, identification of scope of client needs (market additional services as needed), and situation strategies.
- Recovery Plan Development – Assist or orchestrate the development of a recovery plan with the company’s shareholders and constituents.
- Engagement Management and Administration – May vary from situation to situation. Could range from higher level meetings, closing of engagement, key customer meetings, etc. to a more total engagement administration and management role.
In the most general of terms, the person must have a demonstrated track record in 1) leading a client engagement in restructuring/turnaround consulting and 2) new business origination.
One’s background should include:
- Successful track record of originating new business.
- Significant experience in turnaround, restructuring and crisis management (debtor, creditor, unsecured creditors committee, bankruptcy, liquidation and sell-side advisory work), or operational/performance improvement consulting.
- Minimum 15 years overall consulting and related experience in restructuring/turnaround or operations improvement.
- Established reputation and relationships with key referral sources (private equity, senior and junior capital lenders, corporate loan workout/restructuring groups, asset based and leveraged cash flow lenders, CPA firms, law firms and selective investment banks).
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively when necessary.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, including public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred; MBA is also preferred.
- Prefer that candidates should have one of the following designations – CPA, CTP, CIRA and/or CFA.
Total Years of Experience: