Director, Accounting Advisory and External Reporting, Digital Media Corporation
|Title:||Director, Accounting Advisory and External Reporting, Digital Media Corporation|
|Job Location:||NYC, NY|
|Base Compensation:||$140,000 — $160,000|
|Total Compensation:||$20,000 — $20,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growing digital media firm seeks senior leader for its finance division to lead technical accounting and external reporting requirements in response to extraordinary growth of their business and an advancing presence in public markets, driving potential corporate transactions and an evolving accounting environment. Diverse leadership role with several paths for growth at a firm on the cutting edge of new media.
Oversee the timely completion of all required SEC filings including 10k/q, ensuring sound explanations of complex accounting disclosures related to revenue recognition, stock-based compensation and related MD&A/footnotes.
· Act as key advisor to businesses and corporate leadership on technical accounting matters and draft accounting policy memos accurately positioning firm’s financial standing, with a focus on ASC 718/FAS 123R.
· Keep abreast of changes in ASC/FASB pronouncements and evaluate potential impact to company filings and statement filings process.
· Lead development of organizational policies/procedures for accounting department and oversee implementation of best practices across reporting groups.
· Interface with external bodies including outside auditors/SEC as well as internal stakeholders on statements, internal control environment and related matters.
· Participate in close process and lead group in key financial reporting requirements including EPS, cash flow statements and other investor reporting necessities.
· Work with audit and technology groups on special projects to improve internal control processes including compliance with SOX.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with 8+ years in a related role in SEC reporting/technical accounting.
· Experience in public accounting and CPA must.
· Exposure to digital media industry a strong plus.
|Total Years of Experience:||7-8+|