Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients for services provided, billing reimbursements from clients, collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting for the corporation, monthly preparation of a reforecast, annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration. The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Preparation of annual budget
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the annual tax return
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Preparation of the year to date cash flow
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Preparation of semi-monthly payroll
- Supervise the billing of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition, QPAM and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements
- Supervise the accumulation of permitted reimbursements from clients through the accounts payable process and bill these reimbursements to the clients monthly
- Coordinate and record investments made in Funds, securities, overnight funds, etc.
- Assist the Chief Accounting Officer in maintaining records for retirement accounts (i.e., 401-K Plan)
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed in corporate office. This includes corporate payables, payables for Title Holding Entities, allocations of costs incurred on behalf of multiple entities
- Review of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities such as software (MRI) costs, accounting services, analytical services, etc.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for coordinate quarterly inventory of fixed assets with the information technology department
- Assist Fund Controllers in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and calculation of fees
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Ensure compliance with the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and all regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, and all federal regulations related to investment Companies
- Supervise two accounts payable clerks to ensure:
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.