Process Improvement Officer
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Process Improvement Officer|
|Job Location:||Columbus, OH|
|Base Compensation:||$100,000 — $100,000|
|Total Compensation:||$100,000 — $150,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Might Consider|
|Other Relocation Information:||Possible for the right candidate|
|Job Categories:||Bank Operations|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The role is Manager of Process of Improvement and is to be based out of the greater Columbus, OH marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity with a very well-capitalized and professionally-managed regional bank – a top performing bank in their peer group and asset class with a long history of being a trusted financial partner in Ohio. You would be aligning yourself with a well run institution with a top notch reputation.
The opportunity for you is to be a true “impact player” within this organization with access and visibility to the highest levels of management. This is a dream opportunity for someone who would have the desire to champion efforts around continuous improvement and transformational work across all lines of business and throughout the geographic footprint of the bank. In this role you will have frequent interaction and interface with senior leadership of the bank as well as managers on the line. Talk about a way for you to add value and further position yourself for growth within the organization!
The bank has put together a very competitive compensation package for the candidate of choice. An allowance for relocation is certainly possible for an out of state candidate. Great benefits all around, including, believe it or not, a defined benefit plan. That's right; they actually have a fully funded pension plan – no employee contribution needed at all! That means you have a retirement stream growing regardless of a participation in 401k match program or not!
• Identify process improvement areas and optimal service delivery platforms across business lines
• Recommend, develop and implement quality standard initiatives throughout the organization with expected Return on Investment (ROI) objectives
• Work with various business lines and leaders to effectively communicate quality standard initiatives
• Develop projection models for financial analysis of potential profit improvement opportunities
• Conduct ongoing review of processes to improve efficiency and reduce non-valued added expenses
• Develop and implement cost management system to review product lines and services
• Facilitate the development of partnerships within business lines to advance process improvement awareness
• Act as a liaison, as needed, in order to engage associates to assist or advance the business objectives of the Bank
• Monitor improvement of identified preventive, remedial and corrective actions and resulting improvements to other processes when applicable
• Identify economic development partnership opportunities to further advance promotion of The bank’s products and services
• Individually and if applicable, as a manager, participate in identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and mitigating departmental and enterprise-wide risks
• Maintain awareness of and adhere to the Bank’s compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies and procedures and apply them to his/her daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
If you are someone who possesses a strong analytical toolkit as well as the ability to drive change, motivate and inspire at all levels of the organization. It goes without saying that you must be a strong communicator, both written and verbal. In a perfect world you would be Six Sigma certified but at the very least have a proven and successful history of implementing change and improving/streamlining operations within an organization of some scale. If you do not currently work in the banking industry – that is just fine – we are industry agnostic in this case – just looking for a true change agent!
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Program and/or project management experience with strong financial management and reporting skills
• Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple initiatives concurrently
• High level proficiency in analytical, interpretive and organizational resource management skills
• Strong team building skills with the ability to problem solve and collaborate within a teamwork environment
• Possess effective executive-level communications skills with an ability to tailor communications to various levels within the organization
• Detail-oriented with effective time management skills
• Proficient in MS Office applications
EQUIPMENT AND PROGRAMS USED
• Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access data base and PowerPoint, SharePoint and project management software; other general office equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in general business, Management Information Systems or related field along with 5+ years process improvement required
• Lean or Six Sigma (or equivalent) experience required
• Demonstrated experience implementing operational changes successfully
• Process Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Total Years of Experience: