Capital Planning Internal Audit Director
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Capital Planning Internal Audit Director|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Base Compensation:||$200,000 — $250,000|
|Total Compensation:||$240,000 — $300,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Yes|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Capital Planning Internal Audit Director is a USA-level function with direct report to the Chief Internal Auditor.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector will be devoted to develop and execute a robust and end-to-end audit coverage of all aspects of the capital planning process, ensuring proper adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. CCAR, DFAST, Basel III, etc..):
• Review of the foundational risk management ensuring that risk identification and assessment is comprehensive and standardized and properly incorporated into the capital planning process.
• Evaluation of estimation methodologies for risk, losses, revenues and expenses ensuring that forecasting calculations are effective, well supported and accurate based on reliable and valid data.
• Analysis of Capital adequacy assessment and aggregation by reviewing the supporting documentation and data reconciliation. This includes production and aggregation of projections; capital plan, narratives and related analysis and FRY14 production and submission
• Verification of Capital Policy analyzing effectiveness and accuracy of goals, rationale and contingency plans.
• Review of Internal Controls including policies and procedures, model validation, data integrity, change management, methodologies, reconciliations and quality controls and assurances.
• Evaluation of effectiveness of Governance in place for capital planning to facilitate a critical challenge as regulatory required.
The incumbent will be also focused on facilitating an effective interpretation and verification of proper resolution of all MRA/MRIAs open for capital planning processes.
To achieve all the objectives aforementioned the incumbent have to design and execute effective testing on a continuous basis over the end-to-end process but also coordinate and provide execution when necessary on specific audits that will be included the Internal Audit Plan in order to be performed for the CCAR submission (e.g. Model Risk Management; Risk ID and Assessment; Internal Controls; Data Integrity, etc..).
The incumbent will manage an audit team of subject matter experts and will provide proper training, skills and experience to conduct the related audits in line with regulatory guidance and expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of business administration, quantitative discipline or similar (Ph.D. preferred)
• Minimum 10 years in the financial services industry working in areas such as internal/external audit, internal control, compliance and risk management. Minimum of 3/4 years of demonstrated experience and direct expose on auditing, consulting or supervising capital regulation and assessment (Basel II, Basel III, CCAR, DFAST, etc..); the candidate must have a solid knowledge and experience in a large bank capital and risk management framework. Supplemental experience in areas such as data integrity, stress tests, model validation, liquidity risk management, regulatory reporting and resolution planning is a plus.
• Professional certification in an audit related field such as CIA, CPA, CIDA or CFA is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of the banking industry and the current challenges coming from regulatory matters.
• Demonstrated success managing, directing and training teams to deliver outstanding results.
• Excellent technical writing skills to produce regulator-readable reports
• Excellent oral communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators
• Ability to work independently and under pressure, and comfortably liaise with other areas.
• Ability to coordinate and direct external consulting engagements assisting the internal audit reviews.
• Willingness to adapt to new situations, and learn new concepts and approaches.
Total Years of Experience: