Director of Finance and Accounting
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Director of Finance and Accounting|
|Job Location:||Charlotte, NC|
|Base Compensation:||$130,000 — $140,000|
|Total Compensation:||$160,000 — $180,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Industries:||Manufacturing / Distribution|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Director of Finance and Accounting, $2.5B SEC B2B Industrial Supplies Company, Located 20 miles north of Charlotte, NC
- Company will double in next couple years, largely thru acquisitions, which this role will heavily support
- up to $140K, plus bonus (full relocation), may stretch on comp, paid company car, equity options
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the timely consolidation of Company-wide financial results on a monthly basis including managing associates in the Financial Reporting Department who prepare the monthly and quarterly financial statements through the monthly close process.
- Prepares, or reviews and verifies, analysis and statements for reporting to the Board of Directors and Senior management.
- Designs and prepares charts and graphs highlighting operational trends, identifying variances in trends and preparing explanations for them.
- Responsible for implementing new accounting principles, working with internal finance teams as well as outside independent accountants.
- Works with functional business owners to understand key business drivers and identify areas and opportunities for improved financial analysis and review.
- Coordinates and leads cross functional teams to implement reporting and analysis enhancements and drive improvements in expense management, financial reporting and financial controls.
- Work with Sales, Product, Inventory and Logistics teams to ensure the financial impact of the modifications or new system implementations they are implementing are in accordance with the Company’s accounting policies.
- Supports the acquisition due diligence process as well as the successful integration of acquired Companies.
- Provides coaching and ongoing support of the Financial Reporting team to provide continued development of the team.
- Identifies specific projects and system enhancements designed to improve processing efficiency of corporate accounting and subsidiary reporting, implementing them when appropriate
- Ensures worldwide elimination of intercompany transactions for consolidated SEC reporting.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. CPA required.
- Minimum of ten years related experience required.
- Excellent knowledge of internal/external reporting issues and GAAP required.
- Consolidation experience required.
- Minimum five years of experience managing associates in an accounting environment required.
- Prefer more general accounting vs reporting
- Must come out of manufacturing/distribution industry
- Highly prefer BIG 4/Private Mix
- 15% travel
Total Years of Experience: