Senior Financial Analyst – Financial Reporting & Consolidations
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Senior Financial Analyst – Financial Reporting & Consolidations|
|Job Location:||Chicago, IL|
|Base Compensation:||$70,000 — $80,000|
|Total Compensation:||$75,000 — $85,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Accounting; Audit|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
$10B SEC Business Solutions Company
- They are downtown, are doing a lot of acquisitions and growing, well known company in Chicago.
- up to $80K plus bonus
- Responsible for the review and analysis of consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for key Corporate Accounting technical areas, such as the Company’s LIFO inventory calculation, Deferred Compensation, Equity Investments and Commitments & Contingencies. In addition, this position will assist in the preparation of Corporate Segment financial Statements
- Assist in the monthly consolidation of financial results to ensure results are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and COMPANY policy, including the monthly reporting package
- Participate in the preparation of the SEC quarterly and annual filings (10-Q and 10-K) and quarterly earnings press release, including preparing supporting documentation and reviewing disclosure requirements
- Work closely with business units’ finance staff, Internal Audit, Corporate staff departments (Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations, etc.), external auditors, the Company’s shared service centers and other key members of the Corporate Controller’s group
- Provide analysis and insight for other assignments and ad hoc projects as needed, including acquisitions, restructuring activities, impairment analysis, and other requests from senior management
- Assist in updating, interpreting and implementing accounting policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience at a public accounting firm (Big 4 firm preferred) or a large, multi-national, publicly-held corporation
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills required.
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SAP experience a plus.
- Prior consolidations experience and/or SEC reporting experience a major plus
Total Years of Experience: