This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Base Compensation:||$65,000 — $80,000|
|Total Compensation:||$65,000 — $80,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Financial Analyst is responsible for overall financial management and coordination of a Segment in an Area, GeoMkt. or Sub-Gmket or Country.
This role provides financial support to the Controller and Operations Managers by assessing business trends, developing root causes of business issues, complying with Segment's accounting practices and identifying opportunities for reduced costs and improved productivity/efficiency.
Relationships: Reports functionally to the Area or GeoMarket or Sub-Gmket or Country Controller and directly to the Area Segment VP or Gmket or Sub-Gmket or Country Segment Operations Manager.
JOB DESCRIPTIONFinancial Analyst Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Responsible for the overall financial management and profitability of the Segment within a GeoMkt.
* Responsible for monitoring the working capital within the Segment such as Asset efficiency measurement/tracking and optimization of inventory level.
* Able to assess customers for credit limit, identify at risk receivables and follow up with sales/customer to ensure overall reduction in receivables and DIR.
* Understand store processes to ensure optimal store' level by category of M&S.
* Understanding of inventory processes, days on hand, evaluating obsolescence provision adequacy, and assessment of future business needs.
* Highlights trends on cost inflation and identifies opportunities to save/reduce discretionary spend to supply chain.
* Works closely with the Operations to ensure that the operations within the GeoMarket is conducted in compliance with the local laws (i.e. importation, license to operate, bidding requirements...etc.)
* Ensures that all financial transactions are recorded in compliance with the SLB policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to corporate ethical policies and internal controls. Organize periodic audits internally and assist in external audits.
* Practical application of Segment specific accounting complexities such as Costs/Revenue recognition (e.g. Performance based, gain share, multi-elements, Bill & Hold, IPM) as well as Segment's FPs (i.e. FP220, FP211/2, FP224...etc.)
* Reviews all major tenders (risks and opportunities), contractual terms and evaluate impact on IBT associated with pricing in bids vs. optimization of people/resources (i.e. FA, Inventory, M&S...).
* Understanding of Segment value proposition, price structure, and technology differentiators vs. Competitors.
* Identify Vendor re-pricing opportunities and participate in major contract negotiation with Supply Chain Services.
* Ensure timely completion of Balance Sheet notes for segment specific accounts and assess exposures (including currency risk)
* Analyze utilization ratios (both in tools and people) with view to highlighting inefficient locations/sub-segments and opportunities to maximize value of resources.
* Coordinate the preparation of all financial forecasts and ensure that the goals are challenging but realistic relative to overall market expectations and available resources.
* Review and examine the financial impact of new and existing investment opportunities with a view to maximizing the Segment’s return on investment (ROI).
* Train line managers to interpret and comprehend financial statements and principles, and coach them regarding key business segment drivers. Answer inquiries regarding financial assets, recommend policies, and advise and council line management.
* Recruit, train and mentor accountants to ensure full compliance with Schlumberger financial procedures.
Review and approve all material non-FTE Capital Acquisition Reviews (CAR's), and long-term lease commitments.
Complete/review monthly financial review/reporting, monitors results versus objectives, highlight underlying reason for variances and suggest corrective actions wherever required.
Understands, reviews and implements Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix (i.e. revenue recognition monthly assessment, provisions for contingency, review of Segment ICQ, QCC...etc.)
* Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Finance or Accounting Degree
Competencies to be kept current:
3 - 5 years in a financial role
Total Years of Experience: