This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Base Compensation:||$100,000 — $100,000|
|Total Compensation:||$100,000 — $100,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This company invests in the energy sector managing private equity funds that conduct buyouts and provide growth capital investments for the energy industry. They also manage hedge funds that focus primarily in the energy, natural resources and industrials sectors.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Controller will primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting functions of the firm’s private equity and hedge funds including monitoring financial processing and controls, interface with and management of outsourced accounting service providers, and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Detailed analysis of monthly budget and financial statements.
• Maintain waterfall models under GAAP and cash basis.
• Review portfolio valuations with Investment Team.
• Calculate IRR and other performance related information.
• Coordinate financial communication with investors through the company’s fund administrator.
• Prepare investor communication materials as required.
• Interface with auditors, tax consultants and other service providers.
• Coordinate tax return preparation.
• Maintain cash flow projections and monitor cash accounts.
• Robust understanding of GAAP accounting including controls, processes and financial statement preparation and analysis, specifically as it relates to fund accounting.
• Familiarity with Upstream Energy Business including knowledge of oil and gas accounting including revenue, property and contracts.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines.
• Applicants should have four to six years of relevant experience, preferably in public accounting.
• Prior experience in either energy accounting or private equity operations is a plus.
Total Years of Experience: