Expense Management Analyst
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Expense Management Analyst|
|Job Location:||Manhattan, NY|
|Base Compensation:||$90,000 — $110,000|
|Total Compensation:||$100,000 — $130,000|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits Package|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global Financial Services conglomerate seeks Expense Management Analyst to support FP&A Expense Team. The hire candidate will report to the Corporate FP&A HR Analyst and interface closely with HR Operations as well as business unit controllership teams.
The Sr. Financial Analyst would be a trusted resource in producing timely, accurate and reliable expense reports for company’s stakeholders.
JOB DESCRIPTIONExpense Management Analyst Responsibilities:
• Help manage FP&A’s HR Global Data Warehouse system, leveraging HR information for financial reporting requirements to ensure consistency of related HR and financial reports.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of currently available HR information for regular payroll, Incentive Compensation, Pension plans, Paid Time Off Entitlements/Remaining Balances, etc., and to align this information with the appropriate budgeting and reporting structures via Function, Division or Cost Center as well as the other operating expense report line items.
• Responsible for determining any additional data fields that should be incorporated into HR information systems to facilitate linkage into financial reporting, validation/signoff requirements to ensure this information is accurate and up-to-date, establishing appropriate controls around this information so that it can be leveraged as an input into reported financials, evaluate the need to integrate the HR information sources into financial systems/reporting tools.
• Work closely with the development team to help maintain the GDW system, update technology and platform to store and report this information.
• Key areas include: data security requirements, user access, linkage /integration into other systems/databases, data quality, flexibility of data model to adapt to organizational structure and coding changes, data refresh requirements.
• Work with the HR Functional Analyst to establish appropriate controls around this process, including determining the need for SOX controls if information will be used in accounting processes.
• Work closely with the regional FP&A leaders to help analyze expense data.
• Support business unit budgeting and expense management processes by assisting with the preparation of Total Direct Compensation analysis, Headcount Reports, and all other expense operation expense lines across functions.
• Produce Monthly, Quarterly and Annual expense reports to be distributed by the Global HR FP&A team to the individual Functional Leaders and Divisional Financial Officers.
• Assist with impact analysis of changes in Bonus/Incentive structures, Pension plans, etc., as well as of organization restructures and document analysis in a presentation format suitable to an executive audience.
• Assist the HR Analyst with the budgeting process for the global HR function, including monthly actual v. budget variance analysis, provide HR functional leadership support to understanding the worldwide HR functional spend and serve as the primary contact for any inquiries from the AIG HR finance manager.
• B.A. / B.S. degree required.
• 4 or more years of finance experience, preferably with HR support expertise.
• Ability to interact and influence senior level HR Business Partners and Leadership.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are essential.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
Total Years of Experience: