Senior Business Analyst
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Senior Business Analyst|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Base Compensation:||$80,000 — $125,000|
|Total Compensation:||$80,000 — $125,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Information Technology - IT|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Fortune Top 15 company and a major player in the financial services sector!
A large financial services firm seeks a seasoned Senior Business Analyst for an opportunity at their Washington, DC location. The Senior Business Analyst will be tasked with leading the functional requirements gathering team in the development of financial applications for clients and customers. The incumbent will work directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs and help identify relevant design, process and specification issues. The ideal candidate will significant experience gathering functional requirements for software development, experience with requirements management tools and excellent interpersonal skills. This is an excellent opportunity to join a top Fortune 500 company and a major player in financial services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, designing and formatting requirement specification documentation, including architecture diagrams, process flows and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development.
- Assessing business operations and processes of business units to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and more.
- Participating in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers and developers to automate, upgrade and expand mission critical applications.
- Assisting in the UAT testing phase, including test strategy development, test case creation, test script development, test execution, defect tracking and reporting
- Developing queries, analyses or reports from applications for operations or management staff.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or an Information Technology related discipline.
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or in a similar role, preferable with experience in financial services or a similar field.
- Significant experience interacting with management and end-users to understand business needs, perform analysis and leading requirements gathering phases and meetings.
- Knowledge of the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) and experience with UAT testing, including creating test plans and execution.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS and HP Quality Center.
- Data analysis skill, including intermediate to advanced Excel and SQL queries preferred.
Total Years of Experience: