Senior Business Analyst
|Title:||Senior Business Analyst|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Base Compensation:||$80,000 — $125,000|
|Total Compensation:||$80,000 — $125,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Information Technology - IT|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Fortune Top 15 company and a major player in the financial services sector!
A large financial services firm located in Washington, DC seeks senior-level Business Analysts for multiple openings. The Senior Business Analyst will be tasked with examining, assessing and documenting business operations and procedures for Capital Markets Assets Business Initiatives. The incumbent will work in concert with the Assets Business Initiatives team conducting analysis for Capital Markets systems and applications, as well as provide input on specifications and functionality to technology teams on development projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Fortune Top 15 company and a major player in the financial services sector.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Business Teams to become thoroughly familiar with Capital Markets business for the purpose of documenting business requirements and creating user acceptance test strategies for existing or new systems.
- Participating in planning or project meetings in which the application development process is in early stages of defining business requirements. Ensuring that the requirements of Capital Markets and user acceptance test strategies are thoroughly and completely represented.
- Conducting or overseeing the development and documentation of detailed business requirements for multiple applications.
- Conducting or overseeing the development of detailed business user acceptance test strategies and executing user acceptance testing in conjunction with business partners for multiple applications.
- Ensuring that the process of business requirement definition and development of user acceptance strategy is high quality, documented and consistent with corporate standards of internal controls and auditability.
- Coordinate with Capital Markets management, staff and other stakeholders engaged in application development, coding, testing, user acceptance testing and production to ensure that business requirements are consistently represented and satisfied.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or in a similar role in a mortgage, banking or financial services institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze large quantities of data.
- The ability to quickly understand and grasp complex processes and concepts that requiring a strong mathematics background.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- An understanding of SDLC and its various phases.
Total Years of Experience: