Staff Accountant - Working for Great Financial Managers
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Staff Accountant - Working for Great Financial Managers|
|Job Location:||Saint Louis, MO|
|Base Compensation:||$35,000 — $50,000|
|Total Compensation:||$35,000 — $50,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
|Great opportunity to join an established company, grow one's skill set and grow one's career. This job has a lot of variety for somebody who wants to expand their skill set and work for a great financial management team!|
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties in support of approximately 45 locations and headquarters' operation. The Staff Accountant will be involved in analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, and reports; assist in maintaining accuracy of the general ledger (US and Canadian GAAP compliance). This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions, and completes corresponding reconciliations.
* Provides management with financial information by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from other departments.
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data - reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
* Analyzes information by maintaining existing and developing new spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
* Assists in the coordination, reporting and processing of external services as it relates to the accounting department.
* Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
* Prepares monthly inventory reports and manages sub-ledger inventory account (reconcile inventory balance).
* Monitors daily cash availability / updates associated reporting as well as reconciles bank accounts.
* Will be trained, in the course of the job, in the following areas: Prepare and file multi-location Sales and Use Tax returns. Remits local statistical data and fees (GST / HST / QST). Calculate monthly Concession Fees. Communicate Vendor Diversity information. Manage capital expenditures: additions, disposals, depreciation and gains/losses. Record payroll entries from non automated sources. Prepare analysis and post associated entries for recurring monthly transactions.
* The above list may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
Corporate Office, Saint Louis, Missouri Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm) Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
* 2+ years of relevant experience.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; business related major.
* Exhibit attention to detail, be deadline-oriented, and possess strong communication skills.
* Capable of working in a team-oriented environment.
* Highly motivated and self-starter.
* Have the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and accounting software.
* Must pass a drug test/background check.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Ideal candidate to possess 2+ years of g/l accounting experience, degree, motivation and interest in learning|
|Total Years of Experience:||1-2+|