Senior Financial Analyst
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Base Compensation:||$70,000 — $120,000|
|Total Compensation:||$70,000 — $120,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Industries:||Financial Services; Real Estate / Mortgage|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An excellent opportunity to join a top Fortune 500 company and a major player in financial services.
A large financial services firm headquartered in Washington, DC seeks a seasoned Senior Financial Analyst to join their Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the development and preparation of complex and critical financial measurements regarding operating results, new business opportunities, cash requirements, capital investments and special projects. Additionally, the incumbent will participate in the development and implementation enterprise-wide of financial strategies. This is an excellent opportunity to join a top Fortune 500 company and a major player in financial services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the finance functions of corporate programs, including cost estimation for new projects, resource analysis and planning and financial reporting.
- Ensuring that all quarterly and annual financial forecasts are accurate, timely and based upon internal and external requirements.
- Supporting and maintaining all financial control activities for financial forecasts and supplemental financial reports, including support for internal and external audits.
- Working with senior management and budget managers to identifying risks and opportunities by monitoring trends and analyzing variances in reporting.
- Designing new reports or enhancing existing reports to reflect changes in policy, market conditions or to incorporate new financial concepts.
- Providing analysis and resolution of issues using critical thinking skills and thorough knowledge of financial impacts.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in a Financial Analyst or similar role, preferably in a financial services, public accounting, corporate or profit business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and interpret corporate finances and financial data and deliver sound financial solutions.
- An analytical business background, problem-solving skills, strategic thinking ability and high attention to detail.
- A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel; significant experience with Oracle Hyperion/Essbase preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure.
Total Years of Experience: