Senior Project Manager
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC - VA - Herndon/Reston|
|Base Compensation:||$70,000 — $150,000|
|Total Compensation:||$70,000 — $125,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Bank Operations|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An excellent opportunity to join a top Fortune 500 company and a major player in financial services.
A large financial services firm seeks a seasoned Project Manager for an opportunity at their Washington, DC location. In this role, the incumbent will operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of medium-to-large projects within a business unit. The Project Manager will participate in project planning, determining issues and assessing future needs of projects that aim to achieve business goals and objectives and streamline functions. Additionally, the incumbent will provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques and standards.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing project plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope and providing direction to subordinate staff.
- Preparing for plan reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Effectively using technology including Sharepoint and ensuring project documents are complete, current and archived appropriately.
- Preparing agendas and minutes of senior level meetings or other documentation that captures decisions made.
- Facilitating team meetings effectively and holding regular status meetings with the project team.
- Effectively communicating relevant project information to management.
- Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years of project management experience, managing multiple medium-to-large scale projects in a financial services, business or similar environment.
- Experience engaging with different work streams and building out project plans.
- Experience interacting and coordinating with executives, business process owners and subject matter experts.
- Significant experience coordinating and leading meetings.
- Experience with MS Project, MS Office and SharePoint.
- Experience in reporting and metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Total Years of Experience: