Vice President of Division Finance
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Vice President of Division Finance|
|Job Location:||Tampa, FL|
|Base Compensation:||$160,000 — $165,000|
|Total Compensation:||$200,000 — $205,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Yes|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
|Fast Growing Tampa company for a publicly traded homebuilder based in Florida. Salary 160K w/25% guaranteed bonus. Will Relocate.|
The Vice President of Division Finance has ultimate responsibility for the creation of divisional business plans, budgets, forecasting and quarterly updates, as well as overseeing the accuracy of the accounting and internal financial reporting. The position must ensure financial integrity of the division in all aspects of reporting and the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies, preparation of annual business plans, and safeguarding of assets.
*The VP of Finance also oversees the purchasing contracts administration function of the division. The position works closely with the Corporate Controller to ensure the accurate preparation of the division financial reports and to measure the financial performance of the division.
*The VP of Finance is responsible for communicating significant accounting issues to the executive leadership in Accounting Centers located in both Denver and Phoenix. The VP of Finance is a key member of the divisional executive management team, with specific responsibilities that include, but are not limited to the following:
* Acts as a right hand advisor to the local Division President to support decision-making and improve division performance. Identifies significant new profit opportunities within the existing business or which could be generated by expansion into new business areas. Assures maximization of long term divisional growth, profits and return on capital. Develops and implements initiatives such as cost containment to improve profitability. Participates / leads formulation and execution of strategies leading to achievement and/or maintenance of low cost producer status in its marketplace
* Creates and facilitates the execution of action plans to achieve specific results when necessary. Participates in the formulation of key business strategies and partners with the Division President to ensure execution of strategies. Partners with other disciplines to develop and implement best practices to achieve the divisions goals. Continually identifies and pro-actively manages execution failings. Informs Division President and Corporate Management of material changes in annual business plan, quarterly updates and flashes on a timely basis. Recommends enhancements to internal reports to better support managements needs
* Identifies cost savings and other profit enhancing strategies for the division through leveraging off of experience of other divisions within the region. Periodically reviews division's costs and expenses and provides suggestions to ensure the lowest possible cost per unit is achieved
* Actively participates in the land acquisition process and understands the divisions land pipeline. Makes sure this pipeline supports high growth and market dominance with minimal risk to the Divisions budget.
* Demonstrated success in the homebuilding industry as an executive in finance or accounting.
* Current CPA license or qualified and willing to obtain licensure
* Public accounting experience.
* Progressive levels of management responsibility within publicly traded organizations.
|Certifications:||Certified Public Accountant|
|Total Years of Experience:||11-15+|