Corporate Internal Auditor
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Corporate Internal Auditor|
|Job Location:||Des Plaines, IL|
|Base Compensation:||$60,000 — $65,000|
|Total Compensation:||$60,000 — $70,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Industries:||Manufacturing / Distribution|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
There will be advancement opportunity within the group based on performance and need. Our client has a long history of promoting from within and a number of senior leaders within the Finance and Operations groups started in Internal Audit.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is seeking a Corporate Internal Auditor to join their headquarters team in Glenview, IL. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the performance of internal audits on a worldwide basis. The successful candidate will identify and assess internal and external risks to business objectives, serve as a member on internal audit engagements, and partner with and consult business management. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills who is interested in taking on new challenges and initiatives.
Key job responsibilities:
• Conducts audits covering strategic, financial, operational and compliance risks
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting business processes and procedures
• Reviews and evaluates the control environment and develops specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements
• Conducts interviews of business personnel and management team
• Reviews documentation, prepares work papers, and composes observation memos and report findings in a clear, concise and timely fashion
• Identifies, develops and documents audit issues and root cause analyses and recommendations using independent judgment and risk assessment
• Consults with management on risks, controls and best practices
• Actively partners with management during engagements and through on-going informal liaison relationships
• Communicates clearly, professionally and effectively, both written and verbal
• Supports external audit testing requirements and SOX 404 compliance activities
• Participates in investigations, as warranted
• Stays current on latest audit and personal discipline fields
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
• 2-4 years of full-time experience in external or internal auditing (Big 4 or equivalent experience preferred)
• Manufacturing or distribution industry experience (e.g., familiarity with concepts of inventory management, warehouse operations, etc.)
• Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices
• Broad understanding of business functions and processes and ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls
• Working knowledge of internal control structure (e.g., COSO) and IIA audit standards
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines while ensuring quality results
• Proven analytical ability and established negotiating and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Appropriate professional skepticism
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Adept at working on teams or independently
• Effective time management skills
• Demonstrated integrity and work ethic
• Desire and ability to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 30-40%)
• US citizen or permanent resident
• Foreign language proficiency a plus.
• CPA is preferred and other certifications a plus • SOX 404 experience desired
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access and data extraction and analysis skills desired Relocation is not offered.
Certified Public Accountant
Total Years of Experience: