Director of Loan Review
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Director of Loan Review|
|Job Location:||Chicago, IL|
|Base Compensation:||$110,000 — $140,000|
|Total Compensation:||$140,000 — $165,000|
|Benefits:||Competitive; Relocation Assistance Offered|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Yes|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Commercial Lending; Compliance & Legal; Credit|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Director role with exposure and interaction with senior management of the Bank Holding Company and the Board of Directors. Well established, fast growing, well capitalized Multi-Billion Dollar Bank Holding Company with a broad geographic footprint.
JOB DESCRIPTIONBasic Function:
The Director of Loan Review is the senior management role responsible for development and oversight of the Bank’s loan review function. The Director of Loan Review is responsible for the development, execution, and leadership of loan review and related risk management activities to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that loans and related documentation conform to the Bank’s policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements. This position is also responsible for reporting and presenting findings and recommendations to senior management, relationship management, credit administration, audit committee and the bank’s board of directors.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Risk Management of the Bank Holding Company and also has direct access to the Audit Committee of the Bank Holding Company. This position assists and advises all lending officers, their administrative assistants, the collateral group, credit analysts and loan review staff to assure the successful clearance of loan review findings and the completion of assigned loan review responsibilities.
The position is responsible for the direct supervision and performance of Loan Review Analysts.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise, direct, develop, and evaluate engaged and accountable Loan Review and analytical staff.
• Develop, implement, and oversee ongoing risk-based loan review programs for commercial, residential mortgage, and retail loan portfolios.
• Coordinate review of credit relationships to validate accuracy of risk ratings, borrowers’ ability to repay, adequacy of documentation and collateral valuation and perfection.
• Develop, implement and oversee programs to analyze loan portfolio to identify existing and/or emerging issues relating to credit quality and risk; to identify gaps in underwriting, approval, monitoring, relationship management and credit administration activities; to identify portfolio concentrations; and to identify trends, overall condition, and emerging risks within the loan portfolios.
• Prepare periodic reports and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations to Executive Management and Board of Directors.
• Recommend policy and procedural changes to Loan Relationship Management and/or Credit Departments to prevent and/or correct deficiencies identified during the Loan Review process.
• Develop, implement, and oversee program for stress testing and forecasting potential credit losses within the loan portfolios.
• Develop and oversee program for identifying and assessing risks associated with new credit products.
• Develop and implement program for analyzing economic and industry data to measure potential impact on bank’s loan portfolio.
Relocation Assistance: Our client is open to relocating the right individual and will provide relocation assistance.
• Advanced degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration or undergraduate degree with significant experience.
• 8 – 10 years credit experience: loan review officer, regulatory examiner, or senior credit or financial analyst.
• Strong analytical skills; formal bank credit training and/or credit/loan review certification preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to make clear, logical, concise presentations to Board, executive management.
• Familiarity with banking laws and regulatory guidance, GAAP.
• Strong project management and leadership skills.
• Management/supervisory experience
Additional Desired Traits:
• Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
• Ability to meet coverage and reporting requirements within established deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer information, data.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to make clear, logical, concise presentations to Board and executive management.
• Ability to lead, mentor, and develop skills of Loan Review staff.
• Ability to interpret banking laws and regulatory guidance, bank policies and procedures, and accounting guidance.
Total Years of Experience: