Chief Financial Officer / Controller
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Chief Financial Officer / Controller|
|Job Location:||Chicago, IL - Chicago Area|
|Base Compensation:||$100,000 — $135,000|
|Total Compensation:||$120,000 — $165,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Other Relocation Information:||Local Chicago Candidates Only|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Accounting; Executive Management; Finance|
|Industries:||Manufacturing / Distribution|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
|The Chief Financial Officer will play an integral role with the senior management team of a growing company. Report directly to the company President. The right candidate will assume other General Manager type responsibilities over time.|
Serve as an integral part of the senior management team. Participate with the senior management team in the development and implementation of the company’s strategy.
• Work with the President on overseeing all significant elements of the company’s finance and strategy.
• Maintain and strengthen the company’s financial and accounting systems and processes.
• Maintain the general ledger and prepare financial statements.
• Lead the company’s external relationships with its accountants (tax and audit), insurers and senior lender.
• Assist in the implementation of a new ERP system for the company.
• Continue to refine and improve the company’s job cost and standard cost systems.
• Manage the company’s employee benefits programs, including health and savings plans.
• Strengthen the management information generated by the company, especially in the sales and marketing area. Take a lead role in the company’s transition to a more “data-driven” sales and marketing strategy with improved use of the company’s information on customers and prospects.
• Work with the President overseeing leasing arrangements.
• Present to the Board of Directors on both a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Oversee the Human Resources functions for the company.
• Work with the company’s managers to develop and implement performance metrics measuring the company’s progress toward its strategic goals. Build the systems and processes necessary to maintain these metrics.
•Build strong relationships with the managers in each area of the company to work with these managers toward the achievement of the company’s strategic goals.
• Oversee the financial parts of any acquisitions or disposition of businesses by the company and take a leadership role in the negotiations and consummation of such transactions.
• Take a leadership role in other major projects of the company where the Controller/CFO’s skills and/or experience are critically important. This would include international projects and initiatives.
• Assume leadership role in maintaining and strengthening the company’s culture and ensure the culture is a real part of every area of the company.
|Must have a minimum of 3 years experience a Controller or CFO in a manufacturing business, preferably in a discrete, custom production venue.
• Senior management experience in a small to mid-sized business (less than $100MM revenues) or small to mid-sized business within a larger company that was operated independently.
• Strong management & job costing/standard cost accounting experience.
• ERP and finance/accounting systems implementation and refinement experience.
• Strong financial, planning, forecasting & analysis experience.
• Demonstrated budgeting, costing, estimating and reporting experience.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Experience within a growing business is preferred.
• Experience within a business where innovation is a central element of the business strategy is preferred.
• Experience with business in Asia is a plus.
• Business experience outside of a pure financial role is a plus.
• B.S., Accounting or Finance, CPA, MBA preferred.
|Certifications:||Certified Public Accountant|
|Total Years of Experience:||9-10+|