Financial Director-Expatriate opportunity, French speaking
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Financial Director-Expatriate opportunity, French speaking|
|Job Location:||- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa|
|Base Compensation:||$110,000 — $140,000|
|Total Compensation:||$135,000 — $160,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Yes|
|Other Relocation Information:||Company pays for all housing, transportation, and other costs|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Industries:||Manufacturing / Distribution|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
|$4B global manufacturer has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Financial Director. This is an expatriate role for one of the largest food producers in the world!|
1) Generally responsible for all facets of general ledgers for companies.
2) Ensure staff accountant properly codes input sheets for daily cash transitions and period end journals.
3) Supervision of accounting staff.
4) Issuance of financial statements that are in accordance with GAAP.
5) Development and maintenance of all aspects of internal control environment (credit, disbursements, receipts, etc.).
6) Produce financial statements and commentary on timely basis.
7) Responsible for all voyage and commodity accounting.
8) Preparation of year end audit support schedules and primary contact for audit staff during fieldwork.
9) Designing and implementing any revisions to comprehensive financial accounting and internal control system.
10) Responsibility to ascertain accounting transactions are properly consummated and recorded.
11) Develop and implement adequate internal control environment.
12) Ensure internal control environment integrity maintained by accounting staff and operational personnel.
13) Maintain budgetary accounting records and produce comparison of actual to budget each period.
14) Responsible for financial accounting filing system.
15) Supervision of staff accountant and accounting assistant, including assuring they complete all designated functions and performing annual performance review.
16) Development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures manual.
17) Primary contact for inter-company accounting issues.
18) Follow up on collectability of accounts receivable including outstanding demurrage bills, cargo claims, commodity claims and payments, recharges, port disbursements, etc.
|CPA or CA required Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP 10+ years of Accounting Experience required Fluency in French and English required Excellent communication skills Excellent organizational skills|
|Preferred Qualifications:||2+ years of Big 4 Public Accounting Experience preferred|
|Total Years of Experience:||11-15+|