AVP Fund Accounting Manager
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||AVP Fund Accounting Manager|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC - Washington, DC|
|Base Compensation:||$90,000 — $100,000|
|Total Compensation:||$95,000 — $115,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Yes|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
It is truly an excellent opportunity with a growing company. The company is growing rapidly with currently almost $10 billion under management. They estimate that number will almost double in the next five years. Relocation will be paid for by company if moving to Washington, DC!
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client specializes in private investments in energy, energy-related infrastructure and resources. During its history, the company has invested over $11 billion in many different projects or companies internationally. The company is headquartered in Washington, DC.
Current opportunity is for an Assistant Vice President, Fund Accounting Manager to support the expanding Finance team. Working closely with the CFO, Fund Accountants and the back-office service provider, the AVP & Fund Accounting Manager will be responsible for the financial reporting process for all funds and for managing the daily operations of a group of Fund Accountants.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform financial statement reviews for all funds (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Review monthly fund investment reconciliations
- Manage the identification, research and resolution of financial reporting issues
- Prepare accounting position/technical research papers
- Manage external auditor requests
- Supervise data flow, capital calls, distributions, payments and investment fundings
- Analyze and interpret deal documentation for accounting and financial reporting purposes
- Create memoranda documenting fundings, prepayments, restructurings and other important events that are to be communicated to back office accounting and management
- Manage day to day interaction with outsourced back office function and custody service providers
- Provide assistance as needed to internal marketing team and investors in meeting client service needs
- Assign, oversee and evaluate work of Fund analysts
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 5-7 years of relevant financial services accounting and reporting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Investment Company Guide accounting and reporting
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial modeling experience a plus
- Prior management experience
- Experience reading and interpreting loan agreements and contracts
- Understanding of investment products, alternative investments and securities operations
Certified Public Accountant
Total Years of Experience: