Senior Manager, Financial Operations
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Senior Manager, Financial Operations|
|Job Location:||Arlington, VA|
|Base Compensation:||$80,000 — $85,000|
|Total Compensation:||$80,000 — $85,000|
|Contract Rate:||See above "Why this is a Great Opportunity"|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||No|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
• The Non-Profit values a work/life balance and offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, 403(b) contributions, and options for flexible scheduling;
• All staff accrue 5 weeks of paid time off per year!
• The Non-Profit is in prime location across from Metro;
• Free parking;
• The quality of leadership and interaction with staff at the Non-Profit is very high; and
• The Non-Profit provides ample room for growth and professional development!
Senior Manager, Financial Operations A Non-Profit in the Washington, DC area is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Operations. The Senior Manager will report to the Senior Director, Financial Operations. Additionally he/she will manage a staff of two. He/she may participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis. This individual will consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external. In addition to the below, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing. Some travel may be required.
• Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements and associated reporting package;
• In coordination with the Senior Director, supervise day-to-day operations of the department including, but not limited to, cash receipts, accounts payable, payroll, cash management, and account reconciliations;
• Manage the annual audit engagement;
• Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and direction to associated staff.
|• Bachelor’s degree in accounting plus at least five years progressive experience;
• CPA required;
• Public accounting or experience as a senior accountant or other senior finance professional at a membership organization or non-profit organization;
• Ability to supervise and review work of others, to prioritize competing deadlines, and effectively communicate and present financial information across the organization;
• Must be communicative, organized and deadline oriented;
• Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to develop and manage collaborative business relationships both internally and externally.
|Preferred Qualifications:||• Experience supervising A/P, A/R and payroll functions;
• Experience with restricted funding;
• Experience with Great Plains or Microsoft Dynamics and iMIS.
|Certifications:||Certified Public Accountant|
|Total Years of Experience:||5-6+|