Senior Commercial Credit Analyst
This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Status:||Inactive / Filled|
|Title:||Senior Commercial Credit Analyst|
|Job Location:||Saint Louis, MO|
|Base Compensation:||$65,000 — $90,000|
|Total Compensation:||$70,000 — $95,000|
|Is Employer Willing to Relocate?:||Might Consider|
|Other Relocation Information:||Will be considered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time / Direct Hire|
|Job Categories:||Commercial Lending; Commercial Lending - Real Estate; Credit|
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Commercial Credit Analyst in St Louis MO-This opportunity is with an extremely well capitalized community bank with savvy ex-big bank leadership.
Problem asset/non-accrual loan percentages among the lowest in the industry.
Please note: Candidates with incomplete or partial profiles will not be reviewed. Client will not entertain candidates from the residential mortgage lending industry.
The Senior Commercial Credit Analyst will be responsible for:
1. Assigned portfolio of clients and prospective clients classified as low to medium risk and dollar value within the company's overall client population. Demonstrates independent judgment and decision making authority while managing the assessment of and servicing these complex clients, with equally complex issues. Applies knowledge of the credit/risk management processes to ensure the appropriate balance between company risk and customer/client focus and relationship is maintained. May provide assistance to senior team members managing more complex and diverse portfolios.
2. Conducts loan portfolio research to determine the quality, character and soundness of lending services, includes but not limited to: analysis of extensive statistical data & financial statements, sensitivity analysis, industry analysis, management assessment, guarantor analysis, etc. Ensures the consistent use of well supported and factual analyses and processes to determine and recommend risk ratings.
3. Ensure the following standard operating procedures are met when preparing analyses, reports, and presentations for management review: accurate spreading of historical financial statements, prudently prepared projections, free of repetitious spread numbers and superfluous narrative, and represents a clear focus on the merits, risks, and mitigates accordingly. Ensures each step of the process is in compliance with all company and regulatory guidelines, policies, procedures and methodology.
4. Partners with commercial bankers to screen loan packages, collect 'due diligence' materials, and interact with customers and accountants. Provide analytical support developing and maintaining, credit studies, financial background information and other relevant data on present and prospective customers. Analyses present and proposed lending processes and recommends optimum course of action to maximize member service profitability while providing a complete risk/delinquency analysis.
5. Assists with developing and maintaining management reporting systems both manual and automated, that provides an accurate and readily available reference library of loan portfolios, client current and historical data, reports, SOP, etc. Ensures all support documentation both prepared and submitted are incompliance and retained in accordance with the company's records retention policy.
The Commercial Credit Analyst will have:
Minimum 3 years traditional commercial bank career related experience with demonstrable work experience in analyzing and interpreting corporate and personal financial statements and tax returns. Knowledge of credit risks analysis and underwriting principles, methods and practices.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Proficient at the intermediate level with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel and other database application systems.
Demonstrated competency and experience in developing solutions to basic credit related issues.
Demonstrated experience in performing diverse analysis and preparing supporting documentation for management review.
Knowledge of financial accounting theory, methodology and logic.
Performs duties with independent decision making authority within the frame work of the job's primary duties and responsibilities and criterion of assigned portfolio.
Performs research, financial and statistical analysis to determine and support the clients' credit worthiness and the company's lending decisions while minimizing risk exposure. Prepares, analysis, reports and presentation for management review and regulatory reporting.
Ensure all transactions, and process are in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines, policies, procedures, etc.
Ability to demonstrate significant independence making timely and effective decisions.
Experience must be weighted towards C&I credit analysis, NOT incoming producing CRE loans or home builder finance.
A career exposure to the latter two is desired.
|Total Years of Experience:||5-6+|